Herpes is contagious disease and it is the most common sexually transmitted disease. So, Learning about herpes is very important so we can learn how to avoid and treatments for herpes as well. Herpes is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), which resides in the nerve ganglia after initial exposure to the herpes virus, once you contracted this, it will remain in your body for life. It is equally common in males and females. There are two types of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV): HSV Type 1 and HSV Type 2. The HSV-1 virus is commonly associated with cold sores, which affect the skin around the lips and face. And the HSV-2 virus is caused genital herpes.
Genital herpes is usually spread by sexual contact, by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with a person who has the herpes simplex virus. It can produce painful blisters around the genitals, buttocks, thighs and anus. One of the major goals when living with genital herpes is to lead a healthy sexual life and prevent spread the virus to another.
Treatments for Herpes – How to Treat Genital Herpes Naturally
Treatments for genital herpes, there are so many medications and natural home remedies that you can choice to cure the genital herpes. The important when you choice the medication always consult with your Health care providers regarding the use of herbal and prescription medications, and alternative therapies.
Here are some tips to “Treatments for Herpes – How to Treat Genital Herpes Naturally”:
- Keep the genital infected area clean and dry. It will prevent to spread other infections.
- Wash your hands after touching the blisters to avoid spreading the virus.
- Avoid sexual contact until blisters have completely healed. The blisters have completely healed when the scabs have fallen off and new skin covers.
- Always practice a safe sex all the times.
- Ask your doctor about antiviral medication to treat genital herpes. But this medication has proven to be beneficial at stopping the virus while using the medication, but do not prevent recurrence once the treatment is stopped.
- Take a warm bath and you can add baking soda to help reduce itching and pain.
- Prevent recurrences: boost your immune system because illness can trigger outbreaks. You can Take Echinacea, goldenseal and take a multivitamin and vitamin C supplement daily.
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly and get enough rest. Reduce stress, since anxiety can trigger outbreaks.
There are some tips you can do to reduce discomfort and help speed healing your genital herpes.
Genital herpes, or herpes simplex type II virus, can’t be cured and it can stay dormant for long periods of time, but stress or illness can trigger outbreaks. But with effective treatments for herpes, herpes doesn’t have to rule your life.
© Treatments for Herpes