Varicose veins affect more men than women. For most people, varicose veins are primarily an aesthetic problem, but some of them are experiencing the pain and discomfort of heavy legs beacuse of varicose vein. Although they are generally harmless, they might cause serious health complications, because of that we must pay more attention if we have them.
How can we recognize varicose veins?
Varicose veins are usually painless. They are visibly prominent and apparently repeatedly twisted veins of purple and blue color. Besides visible signs on skin, symptoms may include:
- Heavy feeling in legs and pain in the legs;
- Burning, throbbing sensation, muscle spasms and swelling of the lower leg;
- Pain after extended periods to sit or stand intensify;
- Itching around one or more out;
- Skin ulcers around the ankle, which could indicate a serious form of vascular disease.
Varicose veins are for most people primarily an aesthetic problem, but some of them are experiencing the pain and discomfort of heavy legs.